Monday, June 6, 2011

A Cat and Her Fish

Cats.  You either love them or...well, not hate them, but avoid them.  I think if you had a negative first impression with a cat, you tend to not like them.  It's just like people.  If they make a bad first impression on you, you just avoid them.

I'm in the LOVE cats category.  Yes, I will just about do anything to make my cats happy, whether they like it or not. 

My second pattern was "A Cat and Her Fish".  It's a stubby looking cat with an attitude and she comes with her own little fish.  I've made all kinds of these...tabbies, bicolor, siamese, and calico.  It's a little tricky to get the colors and stripes just right, but it's doable.



Just like my Mighty Mutts (the pattern), you don't need a lot of yarn.  Just some scraps of worsted weight yarn in cat colors.  You can use Red Heart Super Saver, or my favorite acylic, which is Caron One Pound.  The problem is that it's one pound of yarn!  But I go through a lot of these.  Caron has a smooth texture, a consistent thickness and is soft and easy to work with.  I like to use my Clover "G" hook, a yarn needle, and some poly fiber stuffing.  I also buy the poly fiber in big, big bags and stock up when it goes on sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment